Travel Consultant – Toronto (Holt Renfrew Location)
When it comes to travel, you love to get outside your comfort zone. Why not seek the same exhilaration in the workplace?
What do we mean, exactly? You’re ready for a career, not a job. You want the chance to grow and develop your skills by working with a company that both motivates you to perform and respects your work-life balance. You love the idea of running your own business, while being supported in every way possible.
You dream of a career in travel, you possess an entrepreneurial spirit and can build and maintain customer relationships.
Flight Centre is known for its lively culture, fun people, benefits, sales incentives and the annual Global Gathering in an exotic destination. After all, we get to sell the most EXCITING product on the planet – TRAVEL!
Interested? Here is what being a Travel Consultant is all about:
- Using your travel experience to sell the products and destinations you love
- Building, maintaining and managing your client portfolio
- Providing exceptional customer service in person, over the phone and via email
- Preparing and issuing invoices, receipt payments and maintain financial documents
- Earning a base salary plus an uncapped sales incentive. Did we mention this is uncapped? The more you sell, the more you earn.
- Joining an energetic and social team on a 7-day rotating roster
Here are some of the professional attributes we’re seeking:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience working in a target-driven environment
- Customer service expertise
- Overseas travel experience within the last 5 years
- Ability to work full time
- Computer proficiency with the ability to quickly learn new systems
- A desire to take ownership and responsibility of your own business
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve.
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures programs supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
This role can be performed onsite or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Centre Travel Group’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org