Summary of the Position
The Water Resource Project Officer supports the Lands Manager with the implementation of our Water Program which will require the utilization of a variety of computerize applications, and specific water related field training and skillsets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Program manages a wide variety of water related projects, including:
Geoscience BC – hydrometric stations, water monitoring stations, and climate station
CABIN sampling, processing and recording
FREP water sampling, wetland and stream assessment
FRAP – MOTI/DFO Project
Stream restoration monitoring
- Implementation of other water related projects within BRFN territory
- Respond to water related consultation letters
- Support other lands staff for OGC and forestry referral processes for concerns identified for wetlands, streams and mineral licks - may include testing of sites to gather baseline data
- Identify and implement water related training for BRFN members
- Organize membership for water related casual employment opportunities.
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure weekly casual payroll is implemented for water related casual employment as per policy.
- Manages schedules and organize meetings, appointments, conference calls, and general day to day activities.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters and handles all interactions with a high degree of professionalism.
- Filing and records keeping duties.
- Demonstrates a positive team attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Sound knowledge of Treaty 8 Rights and the BRFN community.
- At minimum, diploma or certificate from an Environmental program.
- Water monitoring qualifications and field experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications (especially Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint)
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol test.
An employment related criminal record check may be required as part of the recruitment process. Any offer made to an applicant will be contingent pending the results of a criminal records check and refusal to authorize a criminal record check will render any offer made to an applicant void.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care