Position Title: Senior Financial Accountant (Bilingual-Mandarin)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Posting date: September 2019
As part of the Finance team, this individual’s primary responsibilities include timely and accurate financial record keeping and preparation of financial statements including analyses for all the Ennis Fabrics group of companies.
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements.
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts and subsidiary financial statements monthly.
- Provide monthly analysis on variances against budgets and prior year actual results.
- Process all necessary journal entries to correctly record monthly transactions.
- Process AP and AR transactions for entity in China.
- Assist with preparation of weekly and monthly management reports.
- Prepare and record monthly invoices for inter-company services.
- Reconcile inter-company accounts.
- Maintain capital asset ledgers.
- Prepare statutory filings and government remittances.
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end working paper files for the Finance team and external accountants.
- Maintain organized filing and record systems.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets.
- Translate documents and communications between English and Mandarin as required to ensure clear communication.
- Train and develop junior accounting staff.
- Perform ad hoc projects as required.
- Provide backup and support to other functional areas of the department as required.
- Communicate with international branches in China and Barbados in different time zones via phone, email and WeChat.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Mandarin (Required)