We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent business development, technical and people skills to join our Hemmera team. You will be a professional engineer/scientist with experience in the fields of environmental management, contaminated site investigation and remediation and environmental engineering design who can lead challenging projects and play a key role in the growth and development of the firm.
About the role:
- Providing leadership in the areas of environmental site investigations, both large- and small-scale ex-situ remedial excavations, operation of in-situ remedial treatment systems, compliance auditing, groundwater treatment design, implementation and optimization.
- Managing complex tasks related to projects while managing small multi-disciplinary teams, including engineers, hydrogeologists, and risk assessors, as well as multiple contractors and subcontractors.
- Managing projects from proposal generation to the delivery of quality reports. Develops and maintains a project plan and ensures projects are successfully delivered on time and within budget.
- Maintaining and enhancing revenue from current clients as well as pursue new clients in order to grow the existing base of business through the acquisition of new opportunities.
- Developing strong client relationships, providing ongoing dialogue over the course of a project and ensures client’s needs are communicated and successfully delivered upon.
- Assisting in the mentoring and development of junior and intermediate staff with respect to contaminated sites and project management services.
About us :
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Science related field.
- Professional registration or the ability to obtain registration as a P.Eng., P.Geol. or P.Biol. is required.
- You have a minimum eight years of experience, including two years in an assistant or support project management role.
- Strong project management skills and experience with both the provincial and federal regulatory regimes is required.
- Upstream oil and gas experience would be an asset.
- Soils background, designing and implementing soil sampling programs would be an asset.
- Experience preparing remedial action plans and prepare cost projections to implement the plans would be an asset.
- Proficient with supervising contractors and subcontractors would also be an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Hemmera, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausenco, is a leading Canadian environmental consultancy valued for our expertise and boutique approach. Our highly respected professionals have created opportunities for sustainable growth and balanced development for our clients. With a reputation for integrity and technical excellence, Hemmera offers progressive environmental services in Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Planning and Ecology, and Human Environment.
By providing quality services to our clients, Hemmera has earned the opportunity to take on challenging projects, which allows us to continue to add to our roster of exceptional professionals, contribute to scientific and regulatory dialogue, and give back to the communities where we live and work. With primary office locations in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Whitehorse, and Toronto, we have established a strong project presence in the markets we serve.