SUMMARY OF POSITION
A member of the Finance group, this position is responsible to ensure a high level of service to the public and other Corporation staff through the efficient management of accounts payable functions. This position needs to work closely with Supervisors and Managers across different departments in the organization. The ideal candidate needs to be an effective communicator and have strong ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
Accounts Payable duties including:
- Receive, sort and verify accounts payable invoices for all goods and services
- Manage the accounts payable group email inbox for electronically submitted invoices
- Match purchase orders with invoicing and receiving records
- Alert Managers and Supervisors for invoices received without Purchase Order (non - compliance of Purchasing Policy)
- Confirm quotations (1 or 3 as applicable) are attached to purchase order and advise Senior Accountant of variances
- Verify adequate approval for non-purchase order related invoices and expense claims - as approved by CFO, Controller or CEO
- Review the appropriateness and accuracy of general ledger account coding within purchase orders
- Perform data posting transfer from Purchase Order System to Accounts Payable Batches in accounting system on a daily basis for Junior Accountant to review and post.
- Perform data entry of approved non-purchase order invoices and expense claims.
- Prepare weekly cheque runs and posting of payment batch in accounting system (print, compile and garner signatures) after approval by the Senior Accountant.
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing, along with support documents if applicable.
- Manage the vendor cheque log book.
- Provide daily analysis of open purchase orders, coordinate with corresponding Managers, the Executive team for purchase order approval, status of receipts and follow up on closure.
- Distribute weekly statistics for: number of Purchase Orders Created, Number of invoice driven Purchase Orders, list of non-compliant Purchase Orders to the Director of Finance.
- Collect receipts for corporate credit card purchases, ensure policy is followed, reconciliation to statement, confirm coding with appropriate cardholder, gather approvals and process payments
- Respond to collection calls and vendors inquiries regarding payment
- Assist Finance department to develop and maintain standard policies for accounts payable process.
- Maintain and prepare the monthly recurring accounts payable batches.
Others duties including:
- Prepare Petty Cash reconciliation for the Senior Accountant approval
- Prepare City of Vancouver Capital Project cost summary for Controller
- Reconcile prepaid expense balance sheet accounts
- Prepare month end accrual for accounts payable for approval by Senior Accountant
- Responsible for all filing related to accounts payable and assigned duties.
- Perform bank run for bill payments if necessary.
- Ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- Assistance with year-end and interim audit.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Accountant and Controller.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details are musts.
- Intuitive and problem solving skill set.
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College diploma and successful completion of accounting courses is preferred.
- Proven working experience with accounts payable cycle.
- Experience with high volume data entry environment.
- Experience in MS Office, proficiency in Excel skill in particular.
- Experience with Sage/Accpac is an asset.
The Accounts Payable Administrator position is initiative driven and requires an individual who is bondable, has exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills and is comfortable using various computer software.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- accounts payable: 1 year (Required)
- Vendor Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)