The Authentic T-Shirt Company®/SanMar Canada
850 W Kent Ave South
Vancouver, British Columbia V6P 3G1
Location of work:
Vancouver, British Columbia
Terms of employment Permanent Full time position
Reporting directly to the CEO, the President is responsible for leading development, implementation and
successful execution of all short-term and long-term business strategies, plans and policies at The Authentic TShirt Company®/SanMar Canada.
- Plans, develops and implements strategy for operational management and development so as to meet
agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and continuously evaluates the organization's fiscal
function and performance.
- Participates in the development of SanMar Canada’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
- Analyzes and approves process flow improvements, to include capabilities for growth.
- Oversees the development and implementation of department policies, systems, and procedures that
will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Oversees and approves optimum staffing model for all departments.
- Evaluates and oversees operational analyses for all departments.
- Oversees departmental expenditures within agreed budgets.
- Manages and develops direct reporting staff, providing individuals with professional and personal
growth to meet organizational objectives.
- Monitors, measures and reports on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and
achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaises with all functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs
of organizational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of organizational objectives,
purposes and achievements.
- Performs timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business
- Improves the budgeting process on a continual basis through education of department managers on
financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Acts as an advisor on any contracts into which SanMar Canada may enter.
- Oversees the development and approval of marketing and branding material.
- Evaluates and utilizes domestic and international industry trends to determine opportunities for
- Communicates, both internally and externally, SanMar Canada’s goals, strategies, and values.
QUALIFICATION AND EXERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university and/or college or relevant industry experience
- Additional leadership/management courses a plus
- Extensive knowledge of domestic and international garment industry trends
- Human Resources experience, including experience hiring and terminations
- Experience in managing multimillion dollar inventories
- Proven ability to increase Company sales while also increasing overall Company margins
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Proven ability to maintain efficient, cost effective staffing levels in all departments managed
- Proven ability to effectively decrease business expenses Company wide
- Experience with writing advertising articles, editing marketing pieces and further contributing
successfully to Company marketing needs
- Ability to contribute to sales forecasting in regards to purchasing inventory
- Proven success directly or indirectly staff levels of 50+ employees
- Extremely strong communication (written and verbal) skills are required in English
- Excellent computer and systems skills
- Strong working knowledge and experience with large distribution and inventory systems
- Results oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exhibit great attention to detail and highly organized
- Valid passport required
- Bachelors Degree from accredited University and/or College or relevant industry experience
- Leadership / Management courses completed a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
Competitive benefits package - Extended Health, Dental and Vision
- Salary – range 240K – 300K depending on experience
- Annual bonus package based on Company performance
Human Resources Department
P: (778) 732-0688
F: (604) 273-2261