Property Maintenance Worker
(PART-TIME CONTRACT UNTIL APRIL 30, 2019)
Camphill Communities Ontario is a not-for-profit organization that provides support to people with cognitive and developmental disabilities, looking for a skilled and reliable Property Maintenance Support Worker to join our maintenance department. You will be responsible for all upkeep and repair duties including snow removal, household maintenance and repairs, identifying the need for repairs, and responding to maintenance requests.
This is a regular biweekly 40 to 48 hoursscheduled to the needs of the organisation, please note that this means the hours would be a combination of days, evenings and weekendsand this will be directed based on our Companions’ and the organisation’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to the organisation maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Repair basic everyday household plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical and safety systems.
- Operate vehicles and snowplough equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manner following all recommended operating procedures
- Perform snow removal in parking lots and driveways as well as applying salt/sand as required
- Control ice accumulations on the premises with the safe and responsible use of de-icing agents (salt, treated salt, liquids or other de-icing chemicals) Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs. Assists with equipment maintenance and repair
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- College diploma or equivalent training or apprenticeship.
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a similar role.
- Solid experience with everyday household repairs and maintenance
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to be flexible with schedules around weather conditions requiring snow removal Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and perform all other physical requirements associated with a position of this nature
- Experience in operating snow removal equipment (plow trucks or tractors, sanders, snow blowers, etc)
- Effective communication skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently, good judgement and detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving
- Valid G Driver’s license in good standing and own vehicle.
- Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s abstract required.
Please submit t your resume with cover letter, stating clearly as the title MSW1you are interested in by no later than 5 pm on Friday, November 29th, 2019
CCO is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Snow removal: 1 year (Preferred)