Day in the Life:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, the Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting & Consolidation will be primarily responsible for global consolidation of Company’s results and preparation of financial statements for external reporting purposes. This individual will also to be involved in preparation of special-purpose reports, technical accounting and other ad-hoc projects. An ideal candidate would be comfortable operating in a fast-paced evolving environment, which is centered on process improvement and simplification. This is a remote role.
What You Will Do:
- Consolidate foreign-currency financial results of the Company’s subsidiaries using Oracle Hyperion Financial Management
- Prepare the Company’s consolidated financial statements and associated note disclosures
- Prepare special-purpose financial statements and reports for internal stakeholders including FP&A, Treasury, Tax
- Assist with accounting policy application and technical research
- Assist with ad hoc projects including process improvement, automation, pro-forma analysis etc.
What You Will Need:
- 2+ years of progressive experience in financial reporting
- CPA designation preferred or near completion
- Strong analytical, financial and quantitative skills
- Public company experience
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management or with comparable consolidation software
- Experience with foreign currency consolidation would be an asset
- Experience with cumulative translation adjustment would be an asset
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate.
It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion, and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. Both businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, Canada’s preeminent multi-category retailer, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.7
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls — either entirely or with joint venture partners — approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.