Responsible for the provision of comprehensive psychiatric nursing care, including assessment of patients and families, group therapies, discharge planning and coordination.
- Registered Nurse with current certificate of Registration issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- BScN preferred
- CPMHN(C) is an asset
- 6 months Mental Health Nursing experience: either Inpatient, Outpatient, Community-Based, or a
- Demonstrated excellence in both psychiatric and medical nursing diagnosis, assessment,
intervention, and evaluation processes.
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act/Mental Health Reform.
- Ability to articulate clearly the philosophy of client centered care, recovery, trauma-informed and strength-based and harm reduction strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of counselinga nd therapeutic techniques.
- Excellent understanding of psychotropic medication.
- Demonstrated excellence in the Assessment of Mental Status, including Suicide Risk Assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Must be willing to work in all areas of the Health Service (skills & abilities considered).
- Commitment to on-go ing professional development and/or education.
- A demonstrated willingness to be flexible and work all shifts as required.
- Computer competency required.
- Maintains competence relative to current practice.
- Good work and attendance record require d.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychol ogical health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.