The position is responsible for supervising employees to ensure security, safety, food specs, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP and FDA regulations are followed. Responsible for labor and food cost controls as per company specifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality production standards are maintained for all accounts
- Maintains Company policies and procedures as well as specification books for airline customers and serve as a knowledgeable resource relative to those policies.
- Controls food cost and other controllable costs
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit
- Prepares management reports (ex. attendance, HAACCP and labor) reports as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance to customer specifications and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and other standards are accurate according to the airline specifications.
- Ensures that all products are coded according to Gate Gourmet procedures.
- Conducts inventory of Gate Gourmet products and customer materials to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
- Completes required requisitions for the Storeroom to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs and other logs and reports as required.
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, reports maintenance and repair issues in timely manner.
- Responsible for performance evaluation, coaching, counseling and preparing corrective action for employees and liaises appropriately with HR and other support functions.
- Manages work flow balancing - - the division of responsibilities amongst employees on each shift
- Determines when and whether to call employees in to cover staffing needs (ex. sick calls, vacation relief, medical leaves, volume changes, etc.)
- In conjunction with department leaders determines number of employees needed by shift
- Ensures compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring employees get the rest & meal breaks and ensuring company processes are followed.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food expenses.
- Monitors daily manpower planning and schedules employees.
- Responsible for employee retention and reducing employee turnover.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling and preparing corrective actions for employees in compliance with the applicable union/collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Reviews and ensures employees in chain of command are in correct cost centers and correct job titles.
- Reviews and ensures union represented employees’ pay rates are correct based on wage scales and seniority.
- Ensures employees complete all company required training including but not limited to ServSafe
- Compliance with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training Qualifications
Language / Communication Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree preferred. Work Experience:
- 2+ years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and restaurant or catering environment or equivalent experience in the related field preferred Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 30+ hourly employees.
- Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train others required.
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to employees on a daily basis.
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills required.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required.
- ServSafe Certified preferred
- Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and writing to individuals and groups; listening attentively and insuring communication is understood by all parties involved
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish/Chinese Mandarin/ Vietnamese/Hindi/Polish a plus.
Type of Employment:
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job:
Normal work environment
Budget / Revenue Responsibility:
USD Organization Structure
Direct Line Manager (Title):
Manager, Ops, M&P
Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable):
Number of Direct Reports:
Up to 40, average of 14 (union employees)
Number of Dotted Line Reports:
Estimated Total Size of Team:
Up to 40
Gate Group Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
- Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf