Neptec Design Group, recently acquired by MDA Canada, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, Neptec designs, develops and builds mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, Neptec’s reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for an FPGA Developer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, implement, and maintain all aspects of a wide range of FPGAs that will be used in space,
- Work with analysts, board designers and other FPGA designers to design new FPGA-based solutions,
- Design and implement verification test environment,
- Assist with bring-up and debug of hardware in the lab,
- Work with Software Engineers to assist with system level integration,
- Evaluate new FPGA devices and related hardware,
- Document all aspects of the design, support and defend design during formal design reviews,
- Support board design activities.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent,
- 3-5 years related experience,
- Digital design background including exposure to FPGA implementation, design and verification using Verilog and System Verilog,
- Experience with Digital design simulation and code coverage tools,
- Experience performing board level testing using logic analyzers and oscilloscopes,
- Proven track record as a fast learner, able to multi-task and quickly become productive adapting existing designs,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Aerospace/military, image processing, and radiation tolerant design experience,
- Experience with Python programming language,
- Experience with all steps of the design flow with tools from Microsemi and Xilinx,
- Experience with RTG4, RT-ProASIC3 and Zynq FPGAs.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- FPGA: 3 years (Preferred)