Specific responsibilities of position :
- Works from verbal or written instructions, drawings or control management programs to determine the methods and equipment to be used.
- Dismantles, repairs, cleans, inspects, welds, modifies, reprograms, assembles, tests, isolates, corrects breakdowns and makes adjustments to various electric and electronic parts in order to meet specifications.
- Checks and certifies the airworthiness status of parts.
- Decides on the repairs or changes to be made.
- Restores surface finish using the required treatment, such as paint and minor touch-ups.
- Completes and approves the necessary documentation for his/her work and performs the required computer transactions.
- Checks, adjusts and accepts or scraps parts and accessories.
- Updates the appropriate parameter logs to establish efficient operations using statistical process control.
- Makes decisions regarding the continuity of operations, discusses the situation with planners and recommends changes to operating parameters in order to meet specifications.
- Communicates with technical support, quality assurance and other services to clarify, evaluate and resolve difficulties with respect to accessories or methods, and provides an evaluation.
- Tracks and applies the established action items.
- Performs the required adjustments for the final installation of the accessory directly on the engine in storage or testing.
- May be asked to operate several close machines simultaneously.
Qualifications required :
- Participates in developing new processes, products and turnbacks for the selection of methods and tools.
- Washes, stores, packages, identifies and moves the parts while ensuring that standards and specifications are met.
- Takes the required items from the stores and columns and informs the manager of what has been taken and what is required.
- Performs maintenance routines to ensure that fluid levels are correct, filters are clean and that the general condition of the machine complies with the checklist, among other things.
- Keeps his/her equipment and work environment clean and in good condition.
- Participates in training and shares his/her knowledge of the various equipment and tasks with teammates.
- Performs other tasks that are similar, lesser or equal in complexity to the tasks mentioned above. Reports issues to the department manager.
Field of studies :
- Holds a DEC in electrical engineering, industrial electronics or industrial electronic technology;
- Expertise in predictive analysis equipment and machinery condition tracking;
- Proven expertise in machine safety;
- Excellent understanding of lockout regulations (audit);
- Functional level of French and English, spoken and written;
- Skilled at problem solving with an analytical mind
- Mastery in reading electric and electrical engineering plans;
- Interpersonal skills: team work and positive attitude;
- Familiarity with IT systems, Windows OS and Microsoft suite;
Additional Information :
Although each application is taken into consideration, only selected candidates will be contacted. Before being invited to interview, candidates must pass a theory test.
Work schedule on rotation. All in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement in effect.
Vacation, benefits and competitive salaries. Are you constantly coming up with new ideas and seeking to improve your knowledge and skills? Do you like taking on technically complex challenges? There are many career opportunities available at P&WC! Can you imagine how interesting your profile would be for us?
P&WC supports the principle of employment equity and is determined to encourage diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to review the applications for employment of all qualified candidates, regardless of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.