The Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing mechanical components, machinery, and equipment using applied knowledge of engineering principles. This may include fabricating, operating, installing, or repairing design products such as motors, instruments, control panels, and other machines. Other engineering functions will fall under the direction of the Mechanical Engineer on a project-by-project basis.
· Design, develop, manufacture, install, and test machines such as motors, tools, instruments, and other mechanical devices.
· Specialize in energy systems, applied mechanics, machine design, manufacturing, plant engineering, and maintenance.
· Develop HVAC equipment, machine tools, material handling systems, industrial production equipment, and robots used within manufacturing.
· Design and develop machine tools for use by other engineers.
· Review, evaluate, and improve upon engineering schematics and specifications prepared by consultants.
· Conduct final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
· Create and implement standard specification languages and procedures for mechanical engineering projects.
· Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
· Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data.
· Act as project manager on mechanical engineering projects.
· Assist with the development of project plans, project costing, and coordinating the efforts of other engineers, technicians, designers, and drafters to support cross-functional collaboration.
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
· Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Applications, Purchasing, IT, etc.) to ensure project success.
· Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
· Evaluate various mechanical products under consideration for purchase to determine their efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
· Recommend improvements to current design of products.
· Determine budget requirements for mechanical systems and submit budgetary recommendations.
· Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent