An international media company that captures people at the heart of stories, and focuses on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1500 pieces of content every day with a focus on five lines of business: VICE Digital, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 26 offices around the world.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
VP, Client Strategy & Creative
VICE Media is seeking a Client Strategist responsible for developing creative, brand, and digital strategies for a variety of clients. This is a hybrid strategic role that expects the candidate to be strong as both a digital and brand planner. This candidate will be expected to operate independently and lead accounts and RFP's strategically. The Client Strategist excels at helping to develop communications programs that will resonate with consumers, and help a client meet their specific objectives. The ideal Client Strategist has a strong understanding of the digital space, content marketing and brand strategy. This candidate should also be adept at understanding VICE's unique approach to building brands in the modern media landscape. In addition, the ideal candidate has a strong capacity as a storyteller – both verbally and visually.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide key audience insight to guide creative development.
- Work with clients and partners to help identify their business and communications needs.
- Distilling audience insight and information from clients into accurate, concise and inspirational creative briefs.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts provided by our creative team into comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for developing presentation materials required to bring to life strategies and tactics related to campaigns and projects.
- Responsible for presenting and justifying strategic thinking to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Generate insight and trend reports as required to feed campaign or project development.
- Must work closely with creative teams, editorial teams, account teams, integrated production teams and VP, Client Strategy & Creative to collaborate on a wide gamut of projects.
- Act as an on-going strategic resource for VICE media, Clients and Partner Agencies/Vendors.
- 4-5 years in brand or digital strategy background at an advertising agency.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- Strong interest in marketing strategy.
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data.
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skill.
- Proactive work ethic and the ability to think analytically and conceptually.
- Organized, accurate, attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Disciplined and detail-oriented and creative problem-solving skills and a relentless work ethic.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Working at VICE
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they're here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn't invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE ( https://viceguideto.vice.com/ )
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don't just "tolerate" differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.