At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 250 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients
Position Overview and Summary:
Microserve is currently looking for a Sr. Service Delivery Manager (Sr. SDM). The purpose of this role is to provide operational oversight, project management and leadership for the delivery of services in Burnaby, BC, in order to drive operational and service excellence, consistency and clarity, and advance business objectives.
The Sr. Service Delivery Manager (Sr. SDM) will assign and direct all work performed and supervise all areas of the operations as it relates to the delivery of services. The Sr. SDM will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and manage the delivery of Services to our customers. The Sr. SDM will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and work with sales and other delivery groups to ensure targets are achieved. The Sr. SDM will also be responsible for leading various projects in relation to service delivery.
This is an ideal position for an individual with an IT background who is looking for a role that incorporates project management, leadership and client relationship management aspects, while still working closely with technology.
Service Delivery Management:
· Expedite initial analysis for various customer requests, business requirements analysis, cost estimate
· Preparation, solutions design and development, and quality assurance of the development process
· Produce project plans and schedules required for the successful delivery of project;
· Work with vendors and customers defining project requirements;
· Gathering and analysis, and familiar with all phases of the system development lifecycle;
· Manage the day to day operations of project team both virtually and via team meetings;
· Collaborate with technical resources, business subject matter experts to establish the technical performance needs;
· Guide the successful achievement of the objectives, in collaboration with the other members of the leadership team;
· Recommend information technology strategies, policies and procedures through identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
· Manage the profitability of projects
Client Relationship Management:
Qualification and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s in science or Administration or a combination of experience is considered an asset
· 2-5+ years of experience working in the IT industry, including experience successfully managing the delivery of IT services
· 2+ years’ experience in managing projects
· Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure related technologies and projects
· Relevant post-secondary education, preferably in business or IT
· Experience leading teams
· ITIL foundations or other related certifications would be considered an asset
· Demonstrated skills and experience in IT project management is required, including any of practical experience, related education and certification
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Visio and Project
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and handle many different concurrent tasks to ensure all projects are completed on time
· Strong analytical, planning, and budgeting skills
· PMP certification or working towards certification is considered an asset
· Successful completion of a Criminal Background check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent