About BICR: Providing rehabilitation and support services to individuals, families and caregivers throughout Niagara who are living with the effects of an acquired brain injury. We are seeking motivated, ambitious, team players who enjoy helping others to reach their goals. In return, we provide a positive workplace focused on continuous learning and development, professional challenges, and open communication.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Maintenance Worker will be responsible for assisting with: basic repairs and performing basic maintenance in a number of areas including: minor plumbing, minor electrical, carpentry, cleaning, painting, lawn and grounds upkeep, equipment maintenance and other areas as assigned, on all agency owned and leased properties.
This is a permanent causal position requiring 0 - 10 hours bi-weekly with the possibility of increasing. ·
- Clean, maintain, perform preventative maintenance and make minor repairs to the buildings, furniture, and other equipment.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical system.
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair.
- May move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Perform regular property inspections of units, common areas, building exteriors, and landscape.
- Develop and implement schedules and procedures for inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Responsible for ensuring work is performed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and the agency's health and safety policies and procedures as amended.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma (or GED) with preference given to individuals with some related trade school or related college coursework.
- 10+years previous maintenance experience required preferably in office and or residential setting
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- Must supply own tools and equipment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades such as appliance repairs, carpentry, plumbing and electrical skills and the basic safety aspects of equipment.
- Knowledge of health, safety and security standards for office and residential sites (including fire regulations).
- Relevant knowledge of generally accepted rules and standards of construction and relevant legislation, as well as local fire and city by-laws, building codes, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good judgement and problem solving abilities.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to assess and prioritize work requests and multitask various assignments.
- Must be flexible and possess excellent attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Will require travel throughout the Niagara Region.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment; ability to perform manual work in various weather conditions
- Physical requirements include a combination of lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50lbs, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, stooping and sitting, and working on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, controls, etc.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration
BICR is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $23.76 /hour
- maintenance: 10 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)