- Responsible for controlling and monitoring project total expenditure; verify and check equipment & material, supplier
invoices, vendors and subcontractors, and timesheets for labour to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which include variation reporting, progress monitoring,
preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Monitor project activity scheduling and costing to ensure targets are being met.
- Ensure effective project implementation, and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project
management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery and completion
of the project work.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the project management team and subcontractors
- Perform project costing-related reporting to the team and management; review on an as needed basis to ensure that
expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal project management team as and when required.
- Responsible for cost analysis (actual vs budget), and man-hour productivity (earned vs burned) reporting.
- Monitor and communicate with subcontractors, and suppliers as necessary to ensure proper PO and SO administration,
costing, invoicing and close out
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly progress and financial reporting.
- Any additional tasks as requested by your supervisor
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a project environment with a finance and / or engineering background
- Oracle Primavera P6 and/or MS Project Skills considered an asset
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using SAP would be an asset
- Strong MS Office skills, with in depth knowledge and skill level of Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and business acumen
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Good judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated success in building trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the local
community, indigenous groups, employees, colleagues and service providers/contractors