The Walper Hotel
An iconic, contemporary, landmark property, we provide our guests with authentic and memorable experiences by offering uncompromising service and ultimate comfort.
WE ARE HIIPP – We create unique personalized experience for everyone!
Who we are:
This is an opportunity to be part of a young, can-do vibrant team. We are a team that work together, support one another, and have a voice in our organization. We are part of a company that strives every day to be the best, that focuses on offering the highest quality guest experience, and that seeks to foster a fun, collaborative work environment, rich with opportunities for growth and development.
Who you are:
Is passionate about food, drink and the industry
- Has a strong knowledge of cooking methods, ingredients, equipment’s and kitchen procedures.
- Owns and maintains their own tools.
- Is Food Handler Certified.
- Has prior experience as a cook in a similar environment, and demonstrates technical and theoretical knowledge.
- Understands the importance of working clean, safely, effectively and respectfully in a team setting.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a strong desire to learn and contribute.
What you will do:
- Preparing all food and beverages according to company standards
- Maintaining cleanliness of station, service surfaces, equipment, storage areas, floors etc.
- Maintaining a clean, and professional appearance.
- Shifts are scheduled within a seven-day period. A shift may be assigned at any of the following times: early morning, day and/or evening, weekends and holidays as determined by business requirements. On this basis flexibility and cooperation is required.
- Consistent exposure to moderate noise levels and high temperatures in the kitchen.
- Last minute changes in business volume: including additional business, last minute change in specifications, and or cancellations, may in turn result, in a shorter shift or extended shift, and/or additional shifts.
- Employees will be standing for the entirety of the shift.
- Employees will be required from time to time to lift or carry light equipment, resources or product of moderate weight. 50 lbs on occasion, 35lbs with regularity.
- Work requires a strong level of manual dexterity, using knives and equipment as required.
Written and Verbal Skill
- Must be able to communicate clearly, professionally and politely with guests and team members.
- Must be able to read and communicate details on BEO. Must understand menus and how a particular menu should be served. In addition must be able to detect and question discrepancies that may arise from time to time.
The Walper Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- line cook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchener, ON (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)