Landscape / Snow Removal Team Member Opportunity
Position Title: Landscape Team Member
Reports to: President / Owner
Position Overview: Landscape installation and renovation, hardscape installation, proper upkeep of established landscaping, etc. for Commercial and Residential Properties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Spring / Summer and Autumn Responsibilities:
- Installation of hardscape and softscape material according to design specifications.
- Tree and shrub planting, pruning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Installation and maintenance of annual and perennial beds and planters.
- Installation of irrigation systems and various water features.
- Installation of drainage systems and retaining walls.
- Installation of fabric, sod, decorative rock, mulch, etc.
- Operate light and heavy equipment, automotive equipment, power tools, commercial grade trimmers & blowers and hand tools.
- Keep work vehicles and equipment clean and organized.
- turf maintenance, hedging, trimming, blowing out and maintaining flower beds
- general litter cleanups, installing soils & mulch
- spring/fall cleanups
- operate snow blowers and other machinery/equipment to clear snow and apply salt for pathways, driveways and parking lots. Snow removal with plow.
- salting/ice management + manual
- sidewalk salt management in extensive areas
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Strong team worker
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to lift moderate to heavy items
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more on a daily basis.
- Ability to interact professionally with all customers, employees and those from external organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications.
- +2yrs professional landscape, hardscape experience.
- work in a team environment and maintaining professional conduct at all times
- valid g drivers licence and a restricted
- must be able to work flexible hours, ALL YEAR
- must be able to do some heavy lifting
- must be able to use general landscaping tools : trimmers, blowers, hedgers, mowers, shovels, rakes, shearers
- WHIMIS & Fall Protection an ASSET
- Minimum Starting Wage of $15.00/hour
- Maximum wage of $19.00/hour
- Employees having training including CHT, College Diploma, Completion of an Apprenticeship Program or a University Degree all in related fields may be eligible for a higher rate of pay
Work Environment: This position requires physical abilities such as strength, manual dexterity, and must be able to perform all required functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the Landscape Crew Member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, crouch, reach, stoop, crawl or kneel. The position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Additional working conditions may include inadequate lighting, restricted movement and dirty/wet worksites.
This position may be required to work on weekends and holidays. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.
Job Type: Full time hours
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Landscaping & Snow Plowing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)