LOCATION: Stanford Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) is the role model and team leader who coordinates the activities and duties of those who deliver Care Services. Assist the Director of Care in ensuring the department is operated efficiently and in compliance with The Long Term Care Act and BC Residential Regulations and other pertinent legislated standards and requirements. Ensure that occupational health and safety policies and procedures are implemented.
1. Include but not limited to:
2. Assess and liaise with residents regarding their care needs & ensures that the care needs delivered reflects the Resident Care Plan of the resident.
3. Liaises with the applicable Health Authority during the admission process of a new resident and on an ongoing, as needed, basis reviews the resident’s status;
4. Communicates with Family/Public Guardian /resident on admission to formulate a Resident Care Plan and review and updated as needed.
5. Communicates Resident Care Plan with the RNs, LPNs and RCAs.
6. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services.
7. Maintains documents according to established standards, regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained according to Facility policy.
8. Liaises with other disciplines and departments.
9. Recruits qualified RNs, LPNs, RCAs and arranges orientation to their responsibilities. Provides direction and support to staff.
10. Assume full responsibility for the operation of the department in the absence of the Director of Care.
11. Ensures that residents’ care is evaluated continuously. Participates in the process to ensure that the care plans are developed, updated, reviewed regularly, and followed consistently.
12. Ensure that the highest standard of care and quality of life is provided for residents through effective supervision of the performance of nursing staff and the maintenance of the appropriate management system including record keeping and reporting.
13. Leads Resident Care Conferences and coordinates the follow-up needed for each department.
14. Establishes lines of communication with residents and families and ensures that changes in residents’ condition and care are communicated effectively.
15. Provides ongoing coaching, counselling and mentoring of nursing staff.
16. Ensures that all assigned nursing programs as required by the Act and Regulations are in place and reviewed annually.
17. Assists the Director of Care with hiring, supervising and disciplining assigned staff. Ensures that staff receive proper orientation, in-service education and on the job training.
18. Ensures that drugs, equipment and nursing supplies are inventoried, checked, and/or requisitioned as required.
19. Investigates the job injuries, accidents and critical incident reports and ensures that required forms/submissions are completed according to established procedures.
20. Represent the home at seminars, workshops and other appropriate meetings as needed.
21. Participates in Quality Improvement Plan creation and Risk Management activities.
22. In the absence of the General Manager and the Director of Care assume responsibility for the management of the Home for the assigned staff.
23. Ensures optimal safety standards are maintained.
24. Assist the Director of Care with the Infection Control Program, including, monitoring, compiling and analyzing statistics, liaising with Public Health Department, coordinating outbreak protocols, and other Infection Control Protocols as per the Infection Control Manual.
25. Coordinating and ensuring RAI/MDS education is completed appropriately; annual AIS Testing are completed
26. Perform other duties as assigned.
27. Current registration with the CRNBC, a degree in nursing and progressive nursing experience and education, in which leadership and administrative skills have been demonstrated.
28. Minimum of three years’ work experience in management/administration.
29. Minimum of three years’ work experience in geriatrics OR a suitable combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible tenant focused environment.
3. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
4. Ability to motivate and lead others in the accomplishment of a task.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent