About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated Mechanical Technician (Millwright) to join our team. The right candidate will be a part of the Maintenance team — a team consisting of enthusiastic professionals who are passionate about continuous improvement.
As the Mechanical Technician, you will act as a leading member of a team, working with other members in an attempt to reduce or eliminate non-value-added activities or costs, while maintaining or improving quality, productivity, and timeliness throughout the project(s) being managed.
**Please note, this is a rotating shift of days, nights and afternoons**
- Work closely with Production Technical Supervisors, Coordinators, and other maintenance team members, to ensure adequate level of resource and help coordinate and perform maintenance activities.
- Assist in resolving technical service issues with internal customers, such as Operations, Quality, Engineering, etc., and formulates recommendations to resolve matters which are beyond existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Act as mentor/teacher to junior mechanics in training, troubleshooting, repair and rebuild of production and associated machinery.
- Ensure that all work is performed in a full compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP’s), SOP’s and in accordance with established Safety Standards.
- Recommend changes to designs, drawings and modifications of equipment or parts as required in conjunction with engineering and maintenance.
- Keep abreast of all changes and advances in company policies and new technology.
- Act as a manufacturing equipment subject matter expert for the purpose of investigations, audits, training, or otherwise as required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the pharmaceutical or consumer goods industry.
- Licensed in one or more of the following trades, Industrial Mechanical, Machinist, Tool and Die, Industrial Electrician, Electro-Mechanical Controls, or other technical certification.
- College diploma in a technical program such as Electromechanical technician, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic etc. strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanics and machine shop practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Electrical, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Knowledge of GMP, as related to pharmaceuticals.
- Knowledge of Quick Change Over Techniques and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) would be an asset.
- Strong teammate, coach and mentor who can lead and collaborate effectively with others.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Strong safety mindset with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, independent and self-motivated.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Flexible to work any shifts, including evenings and weekends.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.