The Hilton Garden Inn Burlington is looking for a Full-Time Front Desk Agent(3-5 Shifts per week).
SHIFTS: Must be available to work both weekdays and weekends as well as both morning shifts and evening shifts and holidays.
***MUST HAVE PREVIOUS FRONT DESK AGENT EXPERIENCE***
Address: 985 Syscon Road, Burlington, Ontario L7L 5S3, Canada
Rooms: 120 Guest Rooms
- Support and assist the Guest Services department to provide 100% guest satisfaction by:
- Checks guests in: greets guest, gets name, finds reservation, room type etc.
- Confirms room rate with guest, checks authorization of credit card.
- Maintains cashier float as supplied, provides currency exchange for guests and prepares cash deposit. Reports any overages and shortages on a daily basis.
- Works to obtain the best occupancy and average daily rate as possible assessing the guests and attempting to up sell.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with guest during check in.
- Arrangement of transportation, reservations or services for guests as requested.
- Tracking occupancy numbers of competitive set hotels.
- Problem-solving guests’ concerns or proactively exceeding guest expectations.
- Creating or locating items such as maps, brochures or supplies guests may require.
- Providing guests with current information about the Hotel rooms, amenities, services and local attractions.
- Respond promptly to all guest requests and employees and informing managers of maintenance deficiencies, guest concerns or service issues.
- Work closely with all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency.
- Participate in committees and meetings.
- Ensure the work environment is tidy and well organized at all times including the lobby.
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards.
- Communicates with housekeeping in order to deal with early check-ins, late check-outs, day rooms, unexpected departures, stay-overs and room changes.
- Ability to deal with all levels of management, staff and owners in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administration skills.
- Proficient or familiar with computerized systems including spreadsheets & researching on the internet.
- Ability to work within and meet deadlines. Proven ability to manager multi-tasked assignments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of guest service and a genuine desire to exceed guest expectations.
- Present a high degree of professional work ethic and image.
- Availability to work day and evening shifts during the weekends and holidays.
“ Accessibility: In our commitment to provide a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Any special accommodation needs required in order to allow you to participate in the hiring process to your full potential can be arranged in advance by contacting the Hiring Manager to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.”
Only those candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Burlington, ON (Preferred)