What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture of accountability, integrity and respect is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of innovation at Microsoft: a business that is one of the fastest growing and critical solution areas for Microsoft?
The Specialist Manager (SSM) is a senior leader within our enterprise sales organization. The SSM leads, develops and manages a team of high performing Specialists (SSPs) and Technical Specialists (TSPs) to drive solution opportunity revenue and market share by leveraging Microsoft’s portfolio of Business Applications and the broader Microsoft cloud platform to help customers digitize their businesses and realize tangible business outcomes.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit:
See what Satya Nadella has to say about the strategic vision of Microsoft Business Applications
The Impact You'll Be Making
The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
As an SSM, you will accelerate business by building ambitious sales plans to capitalize on transformational shifts occurring in the marketplace. You will work closely with partners to deliver customer business value and to make deals bigger, faster, and more impactful. You will be a market-influencer able to leverage a strong and active Business Decision Maker network and challenge sellers with insights and perspectives that empower them to adopt new practices, think differently and accelerate business growth. You are disciplined in business management and thrive in a complex solution selling world.
Lead sellers to overachieve sales targets:
- Meets team revenue and customer add targets.
- Ensures pipeline hygiene and discipline, delivers on forecast with high level of fidelity.
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics.
- Even higher levels of operational excellence. Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches sellers with a “challenger mentality” by prompting sellers to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the sales organization Corporate levels.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration.
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions that solve customer problems and deliver tangible value, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead cross-team to ensure customer intent to consume cloud services sold.
- Fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners by proactively identifying and engaging partners early in the sales process, combining Microsoft technology with Partner expertise/IP to deliver optimum customer value and co-selling with them to grow and accelerate deals.
Who We Are Looking For
10+ years of experience:
5+ years of experience:
- Selling CRM, ERP, or similar business applications.
- Selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers.
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions.
- Leading multi-million-dollar business app deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- Successfully displacing competitors.
- Carrying and exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing enterprise deals.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success.
Deep understanding of:
- Leading, managing and coaching sales teams to overperform against targets.
- Business solutions, ERP & CRM and how they translate into business impact.
- Selling to specific industries including industry trends, business processes etc.
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers.
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally including Microsoft’s cloud platform as well as competitors and related ecosystems.
- Business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments (e.g. Design Thinking, Business Value Engineering, Challenger sales etc.).
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions.
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Specialists and Technical Specialists.
- Strong negotiating skills.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration or Business Management or Industry related discipline. MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.