Technical Services Supervisor
Can Am Pet is a Vernon-based pet food company and the proud producer of the Darford brand. Our medium-sized company is looking for a pivotal team member who is interested in working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment that provides the flexibility and opportunity to contribute to profitability in innovative and non-traditional ways.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this technical graduate will be tasked to help drive the company forward and contribute to the bottom-line.
As the Technical Services Supervisor, you will ensure that quality standards are met and maintained by understanding, implementing, and enforcing Customer, Regulatory, and CanAm Pet processes, policies, and procedures. As Technical Services Supervisor you will be accountable for internal and external quality complaint resolution, execution of audits, and ensuring efficient and smooth operations within the production facility.
Develops, maintains, and audits overall quality program to achieve customer satisfaction and supports Sales and Marketing on new product development and current product regulatory issues.
The individual meeting or exceeding all their expectations and objectives will develop this position into Technical Services Manager.
The successful applicant will be required to achieve an SQF practitioner certification either online or through a formal classroom setting as soon as possible upon joining the company. CanAm Pet will cover all associated costs with the training and education to achieve this designation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and Maintain strong links with pertinent departments such as Production, Maintenance, and Customer Service (Sales)
- Ensure the sustainability of the Quality Management system
- Create/revise pre-requisites programs as necessary according to GFSI either SQF, BRC, or ISO2200
- Maintain and improve existing HACCP, SQF, GMP and Organic programs while maintaining compliance with CFIA regulatory requirements or new production processes.
- Interact and collaborate with the CFIA inspectors, Operations, Maintenance, sanitation, line employees, Managers and Supervisors when resolving food safety issues.
- Provides accurate and timely data of incoming, in-process, and out-going product to assure adherence to established quality criteria.
- Oversee Supplier Approval Program
- Evaluates customer returns and control of non-conforming material.
- Coordinates and manages the activities of laboratory and quality employees
- Represents the plant as a Management Representative to outside agencies (CFIA, FDA, etc.)
- Maintains calibration of all laboratory and measuring equipment.
- Develops and maintains document control program.
- Responsible for budgetary and operating controls laboratory functions.
- Plant coordinator for all quality training and educational programs.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on cost of quality program.
- Performs internal quality system audits.
- Maintains, reviews, and revises plant quality and laboratory manuals.
- Assures that all units of operation within the plant adhere to quality standards defined in the Corporate Quality Policy Manual.
- Assure regulatory compliance as required by the state and county environmental agencies and submits required reports.
- Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Must have worked in an SQF environment or implemented GFSI either SQF, BRC, or ISO2200 codes
- Experience in the Food manufacturing industry would be an asset
- Lead and participated in 3rd Party Audits.
- Strong organizational skills required to manage projects.
- “Great People Skills” required in managing a project and ensures the cooperation and support of all team members and interdepartmentally to successfully complete a project.
- Strong presentations skills and comfortable in leading large meetings.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge.
If you have the qualifications and the passion to meet this challenge, then we would like to explore your potential.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Only applicants currently entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality or Manufacturing Process: 3 years (Preferred)