Join Us Today!
The Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites Ottawa Downtown, conveniently situated in downtown Ottawa, is steps from Parliament Hill. The hotel will feature 173 extended-stay guest rooms under the Homewood Suites by Hilton banner and 171 guest rooms under the Hilton Garden Inn banner with a total of 4,500 square feet of meeting space, a lounge, restaurant, pool and fitness facility.
We are looking for individuals who are * passionate* about the food industry and is inspired by local craft beer and ingredients. This is a customer service position which requires a multitude of tasks while consistently providing exceptional memorable customer service to our guests and maintaining positive relationships with employees. This opportunity is individuals who have a strong desire to grow in the hospitality industry as well as in the food and beverage operations.
- Greet guests and attend to their needs promptly
- Good knowledge of cocktails and alcoholic beverages
- Atleast 1 year experience as a bartender
- Share food and beverage knowledge with guests and recommend items if needed
- Ensure all transactions are recorded correctly in 3700 MICROS system with a timely manner
- Complete all other required duties directed by the Supervisor or Manager
With being part of our team you will benefit from:
- Discounted hotel rooms and Food & Beverage worldwide
- Being supported by our encouraging Leaders and team work driven colleagues
- Learning and development work environment
- Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive.
- Must be able to assist guests and possess great guest relations skills.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Smart Serve certified.
- Standing and walking for extended period of time.
- Professional appearance and clean uniform at all times
We are an equal opportunity employer, accommodation will be provided during the interview process if requested
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Bartender: 1 year (Preferred)
- serving: 1 year (Required)
- restaurant: 2 years (Required)
- Smart Servelent (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested