The Aloft Vaughan Mills Hotel is currently seeking one motivated, enthusiastic, dynamic team player to fill the position of the Breakfast Cook position. Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the outstanding customer service that is synonymous with our brand.
As a breakfast cook, you would also be responsible to prepare and deliver to breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food at the Aloft Hotel. You will oversee the checking of all early morning deliveries, be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis and take full responsibility and accountability for the Breakfast Shift.
Additionally, you will ensure that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented.
- 5:00am - 12:00pm on weekdays
- 6:00am - 12:00pm on weekends & holidays
- Start and end times may vary/change
- Previous cook experience
- Hotel experience is an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Must be courteous, pleasant, and well groomed at all times
- Must work well individually and as part of a team
- Passion for cooking
- Passionate about producing high quality food.
- Able to tackle every task given to you with the highest levels of enthusiasm.
- Be an excellent team player
- Required to work early mornings, weekends, holidays and on occasion be available to cover shifts
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that guests receive high quality service
- Making sure re: fuel food area is always fully stocked
- Weekly inventory
- Preparing food for the re: fuel food area
- Ensure that the breakfast area is clean and organized at all times
- Pre-prep all menu items according to occupancy levels
- Minimize wastage
- Service any required events on property
- Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
- Cooking and managing breakfast service and assisting with lunch service. (if lunch is required)
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic at all times.
- Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date.
- Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the manager.
- Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Collect feedback from the guest during the breakfast session and report to the manager on any complaints or issues.
- Monitor and Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
- Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
- Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally.
- Attend training courses as and when required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)