Central Alberta Co-op is here to serve our members & customers with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business, being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. We live where you live, work where you work and help grow the economy right here.
We invite applications for a Pharmacy Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Director, Operations (B2C), the Pharmacy Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Pharmacy by supporting and creating organizational effectiveness providing leadership within their operational functions. As a member of the Senior Management team, this position also contributes to the development & implementation of organizational strategies, policies & practices.
Key Responsibilities in this role include:
- To prepare, administer and be responsible for the sales, margin, expenses, inventory and SPEH of the Pharmacy.
- To ensure all staff adhere to established laws, regulations, including Health information Act, Pharmacy and Drug Act, Health Professions Act, staff appearance, housekeeping, health & safety and loss prevention.
- To actively make marketing efforts, adhere to advertising standards, and contribute input to Division marketing plans.
- To ensure outstanding level of service is provided in the provision of Pharmaceutical Care.
- To ensure all facilities and equipment meet the image checklist, management of assets and maintenance schedule.
- To follow proper recruitment and orientation practices and ensure the administration of human resources policies to develop positive relationships with all employees.
- To have ongoing meaningful conversations with employees to provide performance feedback and complete performance reviews.
- To take initiative for ongoing self-development.
- To give input into the Team member training needs analysis and ensure yearly training plan is followed.
- Other duties related to the position.
- Post-secondary – Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and Class A Pharmacists license in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacists.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience leading, technical and/or professional staff.
- The ability to control operation costs, maximize efficiency and improve sales and growth margin.
- A team player with the ability to coach team members to enhance performance.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills and the ability resolve employee and customer issues.
- Excellent decision-making skills, including the experience formulating and executing action plans.
- Ability to handle multiple demands is required - adaptable, organized, creative, efficient and committed
- Willingness to work extended hours when required.
Central Alberta Co-op is proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity and Responsibility. We are pleased to offer the following:
- Full Benefits Plan including Extended Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Environment that allows for learning, collaboration, growth and professional development.
- Employer Matched Pension Plan (6% Matched)
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Competitive wages paid biweekly
- Retail Purchase Rebate
To be a part of our exciting story, apply today!
Please apply using the application form found below along with a detailed resume and cover letter. Please refer to posting #20-020 on the application and your resume. Send your application package in confidence to:
Central Alberta Co-op Ltd.
6201-46 Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4N 6Z1
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.centralalbertaco-op.crs
We appreciate your interest. However, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.