Job Number: 79513
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 27.3500 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 35.0700
Post Date: Dec 3, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Dec 10, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Perioperative Services at all Hamilton Health Sciences sites provides pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care for both adults and children. This position has a multisite responsibility within the Perioperative Program.
The Supply Chain Equipment Coordinator is responsible for the organization, coordination, and procurement of equipment and supplies under the direction of the Clinical Manager. The Coordinator works in collaboration with the Business Manager, Purchasing, Biomedical Technology, Engineering, CPD and SRN/Charge Nurse to maintain a safe, logical environment flow of equipment and supplies to ensure the delivery of quality patient care at optimal costing.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday Days
This is a temporary position until May 2020.
1. Post Secondary School Graduate
2. Community College (relevant to role, i.e. Operations and Supply Chain Management/Certificate in Supply Management)
3. Relevant and current (3-5 years) related clinical/technical experience in the operating room with advanced knowledge of instrumentation and supplies
4. Knowledge of standards of sterile processing
5. Working knowledge of inventory management and purchasing processes
6. Demonstrated knowledge related to budget preparation, analysis and statistical documents
7. Demonstrated knowledge of PC skills (Excel, Word) and Meditech, (Materials management)
8. Knowledge of MIS reporting framework to the Ministry of Health an asset
9. Effective communication, team building, conflict resolution, organizational and leadership skills
10. Demonstrated ability to independently set priorities and organize work to meet frequently changing timelines
11. Demonstrated ability to be self motivated and self directed in performing position responsibilities
12. Demonstrated ability to adapt and work within a fast pace environment
13. Self directed problem-solving abilities
14. Demonstrated ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively
15. Demonstrated commitment to life long learning
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement