This position is responsible for performing the administrative and accounting duties for the Distribution Centre. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy vision, mission, and the Farm Boy Way.
- Match and verify manifest, signed POD, invoice and receive report to the Purchase order. Verify pricing, quantities, PLU codes and descriptions. Advise procurement of any discrepancies by way of email.
- Enter all receives, cost adjustments, quantity adjustments into the ERP system.
- Enter invoices into Accpac with the correct coding as described in the G/L.
- Ensure the ERP system balances to the G/L in Accpac.
- Obtain manifest, POD, invoice and receive report from the warehouse floor or develop a delivery system with the Warehouse employees to ensure paperwork flow is timely.
- Update and maintain control log to identify, resolve and issue with suppliers/internally. Send updated control log daily to all parties involved.
- Recognize delivery schedule from vendors to the Warehouse and organize each day with the Warehouse Manager of when Picking and Receiving will take place. Ensure no receives occur after 3pm to avoid scanning and receive errors.
- Perform cycle counts every week for inventory. Implement recounts should the difference be upwards/downwards of (4) cases and/or +/- $100.00. Adjust inventory accordingly and advise the warehouse when inventory is complete. Spot check items on a periodic basis.
- Print, sort and distribute claims for Grocery/Deli/Cheese/Bulk/Dairy, once a week for approval. Upon receipt of such accepted or denied claims, process accordingly.
- At period or week end, balance inventory between the ERP system and Accpac. All entries in both systems must tie together.
- Prepare cost of goods entry c/w back-up for period end.
- Maintain all Produce/Grocery/Deli/Cheese/Bulk/Dairy uniforms including ordering new uniforms, returning damaged ones, sizing and verifying billing.
- Learn all other parts of the finance team roles as time permits.
- May be asked to perform additional duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary Office/Business administration program plus (2) years of experience in an administrative role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays as required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, tight deadline environment.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational & communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Trustworthy, energetic, alert, and enthusiastic
- Well-developed computer skills including Microsoft Office
- AccPac and Accounting experience shall be considered an asset
- Superior oral and written English language skills.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time