Founded in 1925 and a leader in the production of Stainless Steel and Nickel Alloys long products, Acciaierie Valbruna is a privately-owned company employing more than 2,500 globally. The company’s products include wire rods, round and hexagonal coils and bars, angle bars, rebar profiles, flat bars, square and billets, forged metals and wire. Our Canadian division Valbruna Canada Ltd., Located in Milton, ON is seeking a Sales Representative.
The Sales Representative position is responsible for executing the sales and marketing plan developed by the Manager. This position will provide high level customer service to existing customers and help develop new business in Western Canada.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not define or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Respond to general line customer inquiries via phone or email by determining material availability, conformance to customer requirements, quoting prices and providing a reasonable delivery commitment designed to obtain the customer’s order
- Sales order entry and progression
- Identify and maximize all sales and market development opportunities
- Follow-up on quotations and orders
- Manage customer service issues
- Look for opportunities for value added selling
- Place marketing calls to potential and existing accounts
- Develop and maintain rapport with customers and work to provide them the best possible service.
- Take a pro-active approach in calling customers to solicit new business opportunities
- Updates weekly activities in company customer resource management software.
- Travel domestically up to 1-2 weeks per month
- Customer Focus
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Problem Solving
- Time Management & Organization
- Results Focused
- Minimum two years sales experience and/or customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Efficient meeting Sales Goals
- Strong sales, presentation and closing skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Metals Industry, specifically in the Oil & Gas sector
- University degree or college diploma
- Three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- outside sales: 1 year (Preferred)