In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is a world-class leader in providing in-depth engineering, construction, technical, and management services. Our employees deliver landmark commercial, industrial, environmental, energy, power, and renewable infrastructure projects — and provide innovative solutions to complex environmental, water quality, supply, treatment, watershed, and wastewater challenges. We hire colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on providing solutions in a high-energy environment. Parsons is helping to build a healthier and more sustainable world.
Parsons has been successful in winning environmental and mining projects in Northern Canada and is aggressively pursuing additional northern projects. We currently have an immediate need for a Plumber to support the Faro Mine Complex.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this role will install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems:
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Perform work according to site maintenance procedures. Provide input to create or revise procedures.
- While work will typically be in focus area, it may be necessary to assist other crafts as needed.
- Work from detailed instructions in English both written and oral
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, and/or specifications
- Work in plant, office, or shop environments
- Work with supervisor and supply chain specialist to ensure inventory and parts are in stock or that a purchase order request has been written
- Capture information useful in performing Root Failure Analysis
- Communicate closely with operations throughout the repair process.
- Work safely and participate in site safety programs
- Participate in site continuous improvement programs
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of domestic/commercial plumbing experience
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
- Red Seal Journeyperson Plumbing license.
- Experience working with plumbing and heating systems in a large industrial facility
- Additional safety tickets including Mine Rescue would be an asset.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!