Glass Canada Limited, a leader in the glass industry, is currently looking for a service technician to add to our team of dedicated workers. We are a London based company with a great reputation as a glazing sub-contractor and an industry leader in entrances, framing systems, windows and curtain wall systems.
We are looking for individuals who have previous experience in the glass and glazing industry and who can follow detailed instructions. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of construction principles, have a positive attitude, and be safety conscious.
Why work for Glass Canada:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits optional after successful completion of probationary period
- RRSP program available after completing program requirements
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Discounts at selected safety retail outlets
- Residential and commercial work, including but not limited to: shower enclosures, mirror walls, storefront/door repairs, glass cutting, glass polishing, screen repair, patio doors, glass replacement, glass railings.
- Install showers, railings, thermal units, and glass materials with extreme care and precision
- Repair doors, showers, railings, and other glass products daily
- Review and complete service work orders
- Load glass products and parts safely onto service vehicle
- Lift glass and mirror products
- Travel to multiple job sites daily using company vehicle provided
- Install custom glass products of different brands and its components
- Use hand tools to perform various duties
- Install custom mirrors, and mirror walls
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle and report any defects to the operator
- Remain in contact with the Office Manager daily
- Rotate the afterhours emergency line between other service members
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years glass/glazing or equivalent experience
- Experience with hand held tools is a must
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Comfortable driving a Transit 250 (G license required)
- Customer service oriented and comfortable greeting and speaking with customers
- Reliable form of transportation – we are not bus accessible
- Working at Heights certificate an asset
- Working indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions and temperatures
- Requires travel to and from job sites in company vehicle
- Working at heights occasionally
- Heavy lifting involved
Rate of pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
If interested, please respond by submitting your resume to Stephanie, Human Resources and Safety Coordinator.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Glass Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- glass and/or glazing: 2 years (Required)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)