Do you have an interest in technology and love to write about it? Do you have a keen desire to work in a highly technical team? If the answer is yes to both questions, why not join our team?
Who we are
Accedian is an award-winning leader in the industry of telecommunications. We develop network communication and application monitoring software and hardware as well as provide customers with implementation and professional services. We have offices around the world, and are headquartered in Montreal, Canada. Accedian is a flexible and fast growing company full of exciting opportunities.
What your day will look like
As an integral part of our Technical Publications Team, you will work closely with our Senior Technical Writers in updating, creating and publishing high-quality documentation. You will be involved in collecting information from our technical teams, as well as editing, proofing, and writing technical publications.
Your work will focus on User Manuals, Administrator Manuals, Online Help, Installation Guides, Release Notes and any other technical documentation assigned. As well, you will help with departmental administrative tasks and document version control.
- Prepare documents for publishing;
- Check layouts for format, visual appeal, accuracy;
- Edit and proofread communications;
- Rewrite and adapt materials for alternative formats;
- Research features being documented;
- Ensure that documentation adheres to corporate branding guidelines and to technical documentation standards;
- Participate in pre-publication activities (such as peer reviews).
- University degree in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, Writing, Engineering, Computer Science (an asset);
- Proficiency in English; ability to work in a French environment ability to explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand material;
- Experience with tailoring writing style/content to match the needs of a specific target audience;
- Tech-savyy with ability to learn new software and hardware features;
- Maintain and develop technical documents for software and hardware;
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in a Windows environment;
- Liaise with technical staff in order to clarify or obtain information;
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Social club that organizes fun team building activities
- Agile Methodology that promotes teamwork
- Workstations equipped with dual screens
- Test units available
- Internal training on Accedian’s products
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
- Bus routes serving the Technoparc Saint-Laurent
- Free coffee
- Bagels on Wednesdays!
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Writing: 2 years (Preferred)