Positions Available: Responsible Adult/Early Childhood Educator Assistant/Early Childhood Educator/Infant & Toddler Educator
Location: Platypus YMCA Child Care: Squamish, BC
Terms: Permanent, Part-time and Full-time positions available
Shift: Monday to Friday, shifts varying between 7:30am – 6:00pm
Salary: $17.46 – $22.35 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reports To: Team Leader, Child Care
Nature & Scope:
Under the direction of the center’s Team Leader, Child Care, the staff will work directly within the early childhood programs, providing care and creative programming for young children in a group setting.
- To read, understand and follow all YMCA, Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and legal requirements, including YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum standards
- To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming
- To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centred program, in accordance with YMCA standards.
- To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity and program areas, common spaces, and washrooms.
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and YMCA requirements.
- To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian, to ask for identification in order to ensure that the authorized pick-up has been verified.
- To work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate programs based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum and to attend all YMCA Playing to Learn professional development sessions and other training, as scheduled
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed.
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice an asset
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Educator License an asset
- Special Needs License to Practice an asset
- Responsible Adult Certification
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant
- Current First Aid certificate
- Three successful reference checks
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
Please apply using the link below:
Application deadline: On-going
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.46 to $22.35 /hour