Journey With Us Room Attendant
At Westin, everything we do is designed to help our guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join our team of hospitality professionals. Are you ready to jump into any situation and give a helping hand? If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, with a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how you can thrive at Westin.
The Impact You’ll Make:
Our Quality Keepers know that the countless small details end up making a big impression on our customers. It’s their organization, attention to detail and overall care for their work that reinforces our position as the world’s leading hospitality company.
As a Room Attendant in our dynamic Housekeeping team, you will be responsible for ensuring our guest rooms are cleaned in accordance with established quality and performance standards. You will clean both stay over and check out rooms and liaise with the Housekeeping Coordinator to ensure rooms are ready for new guest arrivals.
The Wellness You Deserve:
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
· Team-spirited coworkers & encouraging management
· Learning and development opportunities
· Reward and Recognition Programs
· Staff Accommodation (based on availability)
· Enjoy Discounted Hotel stays with Marriott ‘Explore’ Program
· Complimentary Staff Meal
What we are looking for:
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- High attention to detail and a drive to get things done
What you will do:
· Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms
· Make beds and fold sheets
· Remove trash, dirty linens and room service items
· Greet guests and take care of requests
· Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances
· Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings
- Vacuum carpets and floor care duties
- Clean and reset guest bedroom, bathroom, and balcony areas according to established standards.
- Perform deep cleaning of the rooms and public areas when required.
- Organize and stock cleaning cart and organize linen closets on floors assigned
- Complete any assigned paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests
- Assist other housekeeping associates in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Comply with WRS’s Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC
- Report any unsafe conditions, practices or injuries to their supervisor as soon as possible
- Set a good safety example
- All other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role in a similar size/type of property preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and a passion for dealing with and emotionally connecting with others
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards
- Previous knowledge of operation of cleaning machines an asset ( training also provided)
Health & Safety:
Health & Safety is at our core!
· Daily stretches and movement to get you ready for your day
· Safety orientations to ensure you feel safe at work
· Proud to be COR certified – an occupational health and safety accreditation program that verifies a fully implemented safety and health program which meets national standards.
· Monthly safety committee meetings
You’re welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
POSITION TITLE: Room Attendant
REPORTS TO: Director of Housekeeping
EXPECTED HOURS: Full time
UPDATED: April 16,2021
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
We have strict covid protocol in place for both associates and guests
- You must be eligible to work in Canada and obtain your own work permit.
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)