The Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT) is a highly specialized adjudicative tribunal that hears appeals of final decisions of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. The WSIAT is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced and innovative leader for the position of Director, Information and Technology Services to lead the information technology and information management portfolios of the Tribunal. The Director, Information and Technology Services will collaborate with colleagues in leading the development and implementation of digital modernization and IT transformation initiatives. The Director, Information and Technology Services leads the development and delivery of an integrated and sophisticated information and technology program, including information management (IM), information technology (IT), systems infrastructure, and case management systems, through constructing and implementing effective strategies, tools and technologies. The salary range for this position is $130,930.00 - $168,240.00 per annum.
What can I expect to do in this role?
1. Direct the overall operations of the enterprise IT infrastructure and ensure reliable, sustainable and effective IT resources. This includes the development and implementation of the Tribunal's IM/IT priorities, deliverables, policies/procedures and operating practices in accordance with IT and IM best practices, and establishing technology requirements to ensure that efficient, effective and current technological tools are available.
2. Lead the Tribunal's digital transformation, including e-filing and digital hearings projects, and develop and implement change management initiatives for the ongoing investment and enhancement in network hardware and software.
3. Contribute to business objectives and strategic planning activities through the forecasting of trends, issues and events; prepare briefing notes, proposals and analysis based on best practice research.
4. Provide guidance, leadership and strategic planning on the Tribunal's information systems and case management technologies to support enterprise objectives and programs in accessing information, specific reporting and performance data.
5. Direct the preparation and analysis of statistical reports which highlight the status of cases, including: reviewing and interpreting statistical trends, historical data, long term forecasts and projections; leading the development of models and projections regarding production capacity and production demand; and directing the delivery of reports and presentations regarding caseload accountability and performance in relation to internal and/or external targets and commitments.
6. Direct analytical research, and develop/present strategic recommendations to management on the resolution of production challenges, such as methods that maintain quality control and decrease processing times.
7. Mobilize and encourage engagement and collaboration regarding a range of IT/IM or web based solutions. This includes directing the development, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives, including training, help desk programming, software systems and/or applications, computing, information systems/technologies, and identifying resource requirements, including staffing, physical and financial resources.
8. Advise Tribunal leadership and senior managers of issues or developments within the information management, information technology and case management portfolios, including the identification of solutions or investment to infrastructure services to ensure availability, safety and security at all times.
9. Work with internal clients and IT staff on IT/IM projects, including establishing project goals, objectives and deliverables; developing project budget; leading the identification of risks and recommending mitigation strategies; establishing priorities and schedules; developing performance measures and overseeing testing and evaluation; and providing reports and briefings to senior management.
10. Direct and supervises the operations of the Information and Technology Services Department, including the financial requirements pertaining to IT/IM program, technology and training needs.
How do I qualify?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Leadership and Management Skills:
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Dynamic leadership experience in building and directing diverse IT teams and in developing and delivering modern information technology management programs.
- Strategic planning to identify and deliver results consistent with expectations for information management and technology quality and productivity.
- Business and financial planning to effectively plan and direct operations, budget and resources.
- Project management and digital transformation experience and the ability to shift strategic focus in response to changing priorities.
- Promoting collaboration by broadening networks and building partnerships with internal and external customers and stakeholders representing a variety of needs and interests.
- Cultivating learning and growth through the promotion of a high performance culture and on-going skills development.
Research, Analytical, and Problem-Solving Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to prepare reports, briefings and presentations for leadership, management, ministries and stakeholders which convey technical concepts and processes in clear language.
- Persuasion and facilitation skills to inform, advise and influence diplomatically, and articulate technological options, impacts and recommendations.
- Analytical and conceptual skills to translate strategic priorities into tactical and operational requirements and to recommend the most appropriate IM/IT actions and solutions to clients.
- Research and evaluation skills to plan and assess special projects, as well as to plan and lead the assimilation of large volumes of data, and to translate it into specific reports used in decision-making.
- Problem-solving skills in order to asses IM/IT needs, goals, and challenges from the corporate and strategic perspective; identify and assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats; manage risks; and make strategic decisions.
Other Specialized Knowledge:
- Information systems management, information technology and systems administration.
- Software IT environments concepts and tools, concepts of architectures, network protocols, operating systems, systems testing procedures, hardware environments and their relevant operating systems; software development life cycles, client-server environment, software integration, systems development, integration and implementation methodology.
- IT service management best practices, process design, implementation and continuous improvement practices, database concepts and tools and internet/intranet technologies.
- Business management and re-engineering principles and processes to lead the development and implementation of innovative and comprehensive IT/IM initiatives and policies.
How to Apply:
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, related regulations, WSIB policy, the Tribunal's policies and procedures related to its administration, the appeal processes at the Tribunal, the conduct of hearings, and the processing of appeals under the Act and issues under appeal.
- Procurement practices/procedures with expertise in developing proposals and tenders, reviewing and selecting vendors and overseeing the implementation of tendered contracts, in order to manage IM/IT procurement.
- Financial administration policies, procedures, and administrative guidelines in order to develop and oversee the department's budget and develop annual planning, while being accountable for the department's financial contracts and transactions.
- Experience leading information management and information technology programs in an agency, board or commission, and / or the public sector is considered an asset
1. Submit resume with cover letter, quoting file #WSIAT 04/20 to:
Please select only one method to submit your resume with cover letter.
2. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
3. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at Human.Resources@wst.gov.on.ca to provide your contact information. Recruitment staff will contact you within 48 hours.
The deadline to apply is June 11, 2020 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
1 Permanent, 505 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Friday, May 29, 2020
This posting is for an organization that is not a part of the Ontario Public Service. The information and tips on the Ontario Public Service Careers website may not apply to this posting. Please use the contact information below to contact the organization directly if you have questions.