Positive Venture Groupis a finance outsource company focused on supporting growth stage businesses on an as-needed, on-demand basis.
We work together to achieve and accelerate results by providing the talent, tools, processes and funding services necessary to fast track our client’s goals. We are not in this for the quick wins; we are in it for the long haul. We work side-by side with our clients, enabling them to reach their full potential.
We provide the guidance our clients need to optimize their operations so they can focus on what you’re good at – running their business.
The Assistant Controller will be supervising multiple team members including AP, AR, general accountants and senior accountants, as well as working closely with Controllers and external clients. This role is perfect for someone who has several years experience as a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager and looking for that next career step.
The Assistant Controllerwill be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of PVH client accounts as assigned. The ideal candidate is able to quickly adapt to a fast-paced environment, develop and operate effectively in a team environment, and efficiently service multiple internal and external stakeholders at a high level of quality. You will provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis of financial information to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements and to enable the leadership team to make informed business decisions and achieve business objectives.
- Assist in the preparation and interpretation of financial statements and other financial reports that satisfy the ongoing requirements of PVH clients as assigned.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant analysis of the financial results, performance versus forecasts and budgets, trend analyses and business metrics.
- Manage key financial processes including purchase-to-payables, order-to-collections, banking, payroll and the overall financial close.
- Develop, implement and maintain financial reporting systems, procedures and policies.
- Support excise and corporate tax compliance activities.
- Support financial, tax and other audits of clients by third parties and government agencies.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, government agencies and auditors as required.
- Ensuring compliance with client internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Responding to ad-hoc queries and requests for financial support for projects and special initiatives.
- Be accountable to the company’s principles and code of ethics.
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, developing and retaining Positive Venture Hub team members.
- Development and maintenance of business controls, process and policies.
- Participating in and completing special projects and duties as assigned.
- Recognized university degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Accounting, Economics).
- Achieved a professional accounting designation (Chartered Professional Accountant or “CPA”).
- Minimum 2-years experience supervising accounting personnel.
- Minimum of 5-years of accounting and management experience in various industries or within an accounting firm.
- Demonstrated experience processing and supervising accounting for purchase-to-payables, order-to-collections, banking, payroll and the overall financial close,
- A solid understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (“ASPE”) in Canada.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“U.S. GAAP”).
- Familiarity with Canadian or U.S. internal controls environments.
- Experience with Enterprise Reporting Packages (“ERP”) in multi-currency environments.
- Demonstrated internal and external client delivery experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment with superior communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience performing budgeting and forecasting analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and strong ability to learn new systems.
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset, organized and autonomous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with others in a professional, influential manner.
- Experience in both product and service companies.
- Experience in a start-up business environment.
- Experience in a shared service centre or centre of excellence.
- Strong knowledge of a leading business analytics application.
- Experience with Enterprise Reporting Packages(“ERP”) in multi-company and multi-geography environments.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and other financial applications would be considered an asset.
Salaries and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Generous Vacation policy.
- Incentive compensation.
- Exposure to a unique and diverse client-base and network of experienced professionals.
- Making the difference in a fast-growing company.
Positive Venture Group is an inclusive workplace. If you require a workplace accommodation throughout the recruitment process please let me know.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)