Due North Cannabis Co. is a newly licensed cannabis retail business based in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario with 4 locations opening across Ontario in 2022. With a goal of offering exceptional service and competitive pricing, Due North Cannabis Co. aims to capture a significant portion of the retail cannabis sales in the communities where it operates. Owned by experienced cannabis entrepreneurs and longtime residents of the areas where it operates, the company plans to be a positive part of, and play an active role in the towns and cities which it calls home. Employees of Due North Cannabis Co. will enjoy a positive and productive atmosphere where continuing industry specific education and research is encouraged, competitive wages are paid and providing the best customer service is our number one priority.
Due North Cannabis Co. is hiring knowledgeable and experienced Budtenders to assist customers in selecting suitable cannabis products. The responsibilities include greeting and welcoming customers, engaging in self-directed and company directed cannabis education, informing the manager of customer complaints and operational issues. Budtenders must be able to answer customers’ questions regarding the different cultivars of cannabis, and methods of consumption.
Applicants must be aware of the latest developments in cannabis laws to maintain legal compliance and demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills by ensuring that customers are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
- Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different cultivars of cannabis.
- Knowledgeable of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends.
- Processing customers' payments using the dispensary's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensuring that the retail outlet is always clean and well-organized.
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Correctly picking and packing orders using a 5-step verification system
- Checking customers' identification documents to verify that they are of legal age.
· Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
· Making a positive first impression – smiles, makes eye contact, keeps a positive tone
· Demonstrates guest service as their number one priority
· Suggests products and accessories appropriately
· Resolves guest concerns and complaints in a friendly manner
· Is guest oriented and focused on creating the best customer experience possible
· Follows cash procedures and all company policies
· Excellent knowledge of cannabis, accessories, and regulations
- Must have CannSell Standard Certificate
· Retail Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 19 years of age
· Clean police background check
· Sound knowledge of cannabis cultivars, cannabis products and their uses.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Must be flexible with hours of work
· Must be a team player
DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS:
· Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers in Ontario
· Check identification of guests
· Demonstrate a high level of cannabis knowledge and custom tailor the guest experience
· Support with inventory management
· Support completion of all tasks as assigned
· Complete tasks as assigned by store manager, assistant manager, supervisor, or executives
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrate high levels of integrity and responsibility
· Other duties as assigned
· Frequent reaching above waist, chest, and shoulder level, as well as below waist level
· Frequent to continuous need for manual dexterity (handling, gripping, typing, etc.)
· Lifting weighing from 5 to 40 pounds repetitively
· Standing for extended periods of time
· Please submit a copy of your Cannsell certification with your resume and cover letter
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends only
- Secondary School (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (required)
Expected start date: 2022-08-08