Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $33 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Senior QA Analyst
Digital Banking & Channel Technology
Manager, Tech Delivery Lead
Purpose of Job
The Senior QA Analyst is a key member of the team responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of all software testing activities within Equitable Bank. The Senior QA Analyst will work collaboratively within the IT department and other business units to ensure that Project QA needs and tasks are identified and executed with agreed upon quality metrics. The Senior QA Analyst will analyze project artifacts to identify test requirements, design and execute test scripts, and participate in the defect process from reporting to monitoring to resolution. The Senior QA Analyst will also support business acceptance and user acceptance testing.
- Create and manage testing strategy, estimates and test plans for Project Delivery
- Review business requirements with the product owner and end users and clarify any ambiguity ensuring testing conditions are understood
- Develop and execute test cases within the agreed upon timelines ensuring the application is performing as expected
- Assess and escalate critical & high impact quality issues to the QA manager or Project Lead
- Review test deliverables, manage defects and document test results
- Participate in defect review meetings and provide analysis as required
- Assist in the validation of newly created testing environments in coordination with vendors and IT
- Troubleshoot and review logs/queues as required to analyze potential defects
- Assist QA Manager or QA Lead in creating status and progress reports and testing metrics as required
- Follow prescribed change control procedures, making sure all changes are properly documented, approved and communicated
- 4+ years of experience with creating Test Strategies, Test Plans and Project QA artifacts
- 3+ years of Financial Institution Experience
- Good understanding of SDLC and of Agile/Scrum software development process
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to interact effectively within a cross functional team
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.