Competition Number: SEL AC 1657/19 REPOST (Please state this number when applying)
Position Title: MDR Technician
Position Code: CSR(CERT)SEL_99
Facility/ Site/ Location: Selkirk Regional Health Centre
Hours of Work: Hours 7.75 – Days/Modified Days/Weekends/On Call
Union: MGEU Facility Support
Wage/ Salary: $18.265 - $21.174
Position Summary: The Medical Device Reprocessing Technician shall work under the general direction of the Clinical Team Manager or designate to effectively reprocess medical devices according to CSA Standards. The position of Medical Device Reprocessing Technician functions in a manner consistent with, and supports the mission, vision and values of the Interlake- Eastern Regional Health Authority
- Grade XII graduate required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Sterile Processing Technician Program required.
- Valid MDR certification from a recognized program.
- Two (2) years reprocessing experience preferred.
- Critical problem solving and decision making is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to exercise initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff and to function effectively with a regional team of health care providers.
- Ability to perform mental and physical aspects of the position.
- Participation in on-call rotation required.
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions.
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check.
- Satisfactory employment record.
Job Type: Casual
- reprocessing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sterile Processing Technician (Required)
- MDR Certificate (Required)