Essential Meetings is looking for an outstanding “A” player who we define as a person who is in the top 10% of their profession for International Group Air Travel Management. We are looking for an exceptional person who truly wants to provide exceptional experiences, service and professionalism for our clients. This position, which is available immediately, will be located at our head office in Calgary, Alberta.
Candidates must currently be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Our company designs, builds and delivers five-star/white-glove international meeting and incentive travel programs for corporations from across Canada. Essential Meetings is a full service performance improvement firm, leading our industry in client success, loyalty creation, relationship building, and return on investment and objectives for incentive travel. Our breadth of knowledge and experience is unbeatable; our client list is impeccable.
Whether the programs are incentive travel, retreats, meetings, conventions, conferences or continuing education, we provide our clients with unmatched experiences in exceptional destinations.
- Preference for those with a Bachelor’s or other University or College degree
- 100% bilingual - Canadian French & English
- Sabre Airline Reservation system knowledge
- Knowledge of Air Travel Management and budget maintenance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Experience in effectively handling multiple projects
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Decision making ability and capability via quick, thoughtful, risk and cost-based decisions
- Attention to detail, while being deadline and results oriented
- Able to work independently, demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness
- A team player with strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Preference to ability to be situationally agile and flexible to the needs of Program requirements and Traveler Satisfaction.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager, Group Air Travel is responsible for and has the authority to ensure that all customer service policies and procedures applicable to Air Travel are established and met to support Essential Meetings + Incentives and our clients’ contractually and mutually agreed upon travel for program delivery.
THE SCOPE OF THIS POSITION INCLUDES:
- Negotiate and contract group/block airfare rates
- Research and book deviations and extensions for travellers
- Where required, research new destination flight paths, amenities, etc.
- Manage and co-ordinate group insurance as required
- Manage process payment requests for all aspects of group air programs with Essential Meetings’ finance team/department
- Invoice group participants for non-group related travel activities
- Co-ordinate and manage extensions and deviations at the selected destination for group participants where and as required
- Record, manage and account for group air service expenses
- Maintain and manage group air travel profitability
- Organize and set up the air travel operation systems and procedures
- Correspond with the client in a timely and professional manner via e-mail, phone or fax
- Work closely with the Program Managers and team members
- During actual program delivery, potentially a requirement for shift work to meet time-zone/date-line traveller needs, requirements and desires.
Salary will be dependent upon experience and a full benefit program is included. Since we are looking for an “A” player, compensation will also be in direct relationship to proven ability and talent. We believe the best need to be rewarded.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE - IMPERATIVES
- Minimum 10 years recent working experience as a Corporate Travel Consultant
- Fully bilingual (Canadian - French/English), reading, writing and speaking
- Equally strong domestic and international travel knowledge including group block bookings
- Follow all office policies and procedures directly related to corporate travel
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
- The ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with customers is essential
- Computer-based air reservations experience required, SABRE preferred.
We want to hear from you if you are interested in working at Essential Meetings and possess the necessary qualifications for this position.
Reference ID: EM-003
Job Type: Full-time
- Corporate Travel Consultant: 10 years (Required)
- Canadian French and English (Required)