Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
A career in Domestic Tax with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of tax and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
We are looking for a team player who is committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients and helping us build our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our market place.
As a Manager in Domestic Tax your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing, planning and implementing the reorganizations of companies and other assets, including the purchase and sale of businesses
- Overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries
- Providing significant input into broader innovations for the service line to anticipate clients’ requirements
- Assisting business development management for target industries and sectors and supporting client business requirements in new and innovative ways
- Participating in the overall development of the Grant Thornton brand through internal and external activities and knowledge of industry
- Coaching more junior tax team members and ensuring a meaningful performance review process
- Leveraging technical proficiency to advise and guide team members at lower levels
- Attending client and stakeholder meetings with the Tax team
- Assisting the Partners and Senior Managers with strategy and implementation of strategy
- Preparing and reviewing files for Partners
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities
- Being an active part of the professional services community
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Domestic Tax Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- CPA, CA, CGA, CMA designation
- Completion of CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course is a strong asset
- 3 years’ minimum public practice experience in Canadian income tax
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proactively growing the firm through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace, supporting and driving business development
- A commitment to exceptional client service
- Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team.
Mississauga with travel to clients and other Grant Thornton Offices across Southern Ontario.
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.