The Welder-Fitter is responsible for welding, assembling, fitting and installing metal pieces in accordance to relevant work orders.
- Read work orders and manufacturing standards, follows production drawings and assembly instructions;
- Study engineered drawings and blueprints, determine the materials required, and the planning of tasks;
- Assemble and fit metal sections to form complete units or subunits using tact welding and other fabrication methods;
- Set up and operate heavy duty metal working machines including torches, drills, dye grinders, hammers, levels, plasma cutters and overhead cranes;
- Perform all welding tasks and related fabrication and finishing processes;
- Rig, hoist, and move materials within worksite;
- Understand all quality requirements for products and meet those requirements;
- Make adjustments to meet precise specifications;
- Detect and report defective material to Supervisor;
- Complete any special projects as required. May be assigned to other areas of operation based on business or customer requirements;
- Observe all legislated H&S regulations (including OHSA & WSIB) as well as establish workplace safety procedures.
- 3-5 years previous experience in a similar position;
- Able to work in a fast paced, quality-production environment;
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, assembly, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, technical drawings and procedural manuals;
- Possess good communication skills and teamwork attitude;
- Strong mathematical and mechanical skills required;
- Willing to work overtime as required;
- Able to multi-task projects and meet production deadlines;
- Provide own helmet and certain trade tools;
- Have reliable transportation.
In return for your contributions, we offer an environment that supports and recognizes your professional growth. In addition, we provide competitive compensation, including group benefits and retirement saving plan.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fitting: 1 year (Preferred)