The Brock Group is a leading provider of industrial specialty services to clients around the world, with headquarters in Houston, TX, and operating units in Canada, the United States, and Latin America. With the Canadian head office in Nisku, the company supports routine maintenance, turnarounds, and industrial capital projects by providing services including scaffolding and work access, insulation, fireproofing, and asbestos abatement, for general maintenance, construction, turnarounds, and shutdowns to western Canadian producers.
The Rope Access Manager is responsible to successfully coordinate and execute all company Rope Access service delivery requirements. The positions primary area of responsibility will be Western Canada. The Rope Access Manager will be considered a subject matter expert in all areas of Rope Access and will be responsible for defining business requirements and recommending an approach to meet those requirements. Their responsibilities shall be to source and manage multiple, large scope projects effectively while providing leadership and oversight for the construction and maintenance activities with the objective of providing safe, reliable, and cost-efficient services to customers.
- 10 years in Management of the Industrial Rope Access Industry.
- Current and valid IRATA L3 Certification, with a minimum of 10 years experience
- Preference given to IRATA Level 3 instructor
- ISO 90001 quality management auditor certificate
- Experience with the start-up of Rope Access business.
- Ability to create and document procedures
- History of providing leadership and vision in major projects or initiatives.
- Posses advanced troubleshooting and communication skills to solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Professional and concise communication in written and oral form
- Excels at operating in a fast pace and diverse environment.
- Frequent travel required to jobsites throughout the province.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in diverse work groups and settings
- Promote, demonstrate and instill Brock’s Bsafe and Bbest culture in all aspects of the business
- Provides technical expertise, guidance and input into the development of the Rope Access business
- Identify the skills, knowledge and abilities needed to work proficiently in the Rope Access field.
- Prepare timely, accurate job costing/estimates/cost control and PO expenditure.
- Arrange and coordinate Rope Access Personnel movements with Operations.
- Ability to oversee multi-discipline projects of various sizes.
- Ability to set direction, communicate Brock’s vision and manage process while inspiring, motivating and leading people toward achieving and exceeding organization goals.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing short term and long-term goals and objectives.
- Directly responsible for the development of new business within the operations group, both independently, and in collaboration with the BD team by fostering a culture of growth and a focus on an ongoing need for team members to be accountable for their business development efforts.
- Evaluate current business strategies, determining viability of changing management initiatives.
- Continuously review and monitor critical ongoing project information specific to budgets, timelines, and production to determine if targets and goals are being met.
- Presents information and helps train current operations and personnel on company related procedures.
- Develops and implements work processes to promote effectiveness and consistency of results.
- Establish new business and client relationships while fostering current relationships to secure additional work and contributing to the growth of the organization.
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel to ensure a project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Interacts with field/site management and corporate/functional management.
- Interpret and understand client Purchase Orders and/or Contracts
- Monitors field compliance with company procedures and financial targets.
- Resolves contract issues with customers with support as necessary from VP/GM.
Job Type: Full-time