Audio Visual Technician
FM Audio Video is a consumer electronics retailer servicing Southern Ontario. We are currently looking for a Smart Home Installation Technician to support our internal installation team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with audio-visual systems, programming and products/components.
- Strong knowledge of signal flow, different audio/video signal types, connector types and terminations. Must be able to read and follow AV system schematics and supporting documentation
- Experience with installation and configuration of wired and wireless network systems
- Represent the company in a courteous & professional manner to clients and other trades
- Great communications skills, high ethical standards, and able to work independently as well as lead crews
- Strong organizational skills & experience with tracking many phases of a project for coordination
- Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other AV systems related tasks
- Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot and resolve various service issues related to Integrated AV systems
- Efficiently pull, terminate, label, and test cabling between audio, video, data, and control equipment.
- This position is not limited to the items above.
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively and respectfully communicate with employees, customers and colleagues
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge and understanding of IP addressing and communications.
- Knowledge of signal flow for audio, video and control
Education and/or Experience
- 2+ years of audiovisual installation experience required
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Able to work with basic handheld tools
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of video, audio, and control connectors and cabling
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year