Reporting to the Program Manager, Digital Communications, is responsible for and is the primary contact for coordinating all social media communication activities for York Region including posting, monitoring and responding to daily social media inquiries, planning, promotion and overseeing the annual social media strategy, analyzing, reporting, recommending and implementing improvements on all social media data collected and; providing advice and guidance for social media; providing support for corporate-led social media initiatives, corporate strategies and governance related to social media programs and initiatives, including digital, web and branding support; providing guidance and support to all Regional departments to ensure content remains accurate, timely and meets policies, standards and legislation; as required.
- Creates and oversees York Region’s annual social media initatives and the overall social media strategy to promote followers among York Region residents and stakeholders.
- Researches and ensures that the York Region social media strategy follows industry best practices.
- Works with Regional departments to provide consistent, timely messaging across all online communication platforms.
- Identifies and supports the development of corporate communications efficiencies, support systems, controls, directives and improvements to maintain and enhance the Region’s presence and to ensure stakeholder communication across the departmetns is aligned and effective, including corporate communication management systems; corporate-led initiatives; corporate-wide publications and communications plans, supporting the Region’s brand and management.
- Participates in Inter-Municipal Digital Communications meetings and other inter-municipal and inter-departmental working groups as required (e.g. Municipal Community Engagement/Crowdsourcing Working Group)
- Provides advice and support to staff members within and across the departments on social media related matters.
- Coordinates content and website updates with other members of the Digital Communications Team.
- Ensures the content on York Region websites is accessible to the public, posted accurately, and updated on a timely basis.
- Researches, writes and/or edits content for York Region social media and digital communications, including newsletters, information guides and reports, manuals, communication pieces etc.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ direct social media experience in a large organization and a journalism or marketing background, including several years' experience in writing customer communication pieces for a business, such as press releases, newsletters, and print media.
- Understanding of the process of municipal government and the programs and services provided to the public, in order to determine the unique and diverse internal communication needs within the varying business units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media applications and practices (e.g. facebook, twitter, etc).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by July 14, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.