RGO Flooring Ltd. currently has a new and exciting opportunity for a Business Development Representative – Architect, Design & Specification to join our team. The focus of this role is to galvanize RGO’s market position within the industry through the development of long-term strategic relationships and identifying business opportunities. This position is responsible for developing positive and meaningful relationships with the local A&D and spec writing community. This role is responsible for generating lead and bid opportunities and has specific sales volume targets for Specification driven sales business. Internally, this role will be accountable for the development and professionalism of the RGO Flooring library. The successful candidate is to be/become viewed as a “trusted expert” to the industry and RGO’s clients.
- Responsible for fostering on-going working relationships with applicable A&D firms in the marketplace
- Develops a marketing strategy with targeted firms, schedule of promotional events, ideas for promotional materials, etc.
- Accountable to ensure A&D firms attend RGO’s promotional events, educational events, product launches/updates, open houses; works with the RGO team to plan and put on those events
- Is sensitive and in tuned to the A&D communities’ senses of style and design
- Strive to develop RGO’s brand as a solution to client needs
Lead Sourcing & Generation
- Develops strategies, goals and business plans for RGO business growth specifically related to A&D business opportunities by building and implementing an activity plan with a call plan
- Executes persuasive presentations to A&D firms on RGO’s products and services – in person, through written, graphic documentation and by electronic means
- Ensures timely follow up on all potential leads from A&D firms
- Works to get RGO and our products specified on bids, and for opportunities for selling that don’t require bidding
- Responsible to get RGO products specified in A&D client requests for bid documents
- Ensures a smooth transition upon successfully initiating the sales process and transferring to other RGO Sales staff
- Liaise with Sales staff and other departments as required to ensure all business needs relevant to the sales are met
Client and Vendor Relations
- Provide exceptional customer service through prompt follow ups with client inquiries regarding pricing, budget information, product specification, material samples, mockups, etc.
- Works closely with the RGO’s manufacturer partners to get the A&D firms and staff the special information they may need including custom solutions
- Conducts a professional, cooperative interface and provides frequent and regular follow-up with the A&D firm and staff
- Understands the A&D business, economics and time constraints; treats the A&D firm as a customer and provides services and information that supports the A&D firm’s business goals
- Responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience
- Update and maintain activity for and by A&D firms, lead generation and contact lists
- Responsible for the RGO Showroom design, implementation, and ongoing updates to the furniture layout and design
- Responsible to bring new ideas and concepts forward as new products and concept become available
- Provide insight and guidance regarding the maintenance and upkeep of the showroom
- Development of application expertise to support the sales and design mentoring programs
- Collaboration and involvement with the RGO Admin team on the Organization and implementation of RGO location functions
- 5+ years related experience
- Design Degree or Diploma
- Flooring experience with an A&D firm is a definite asset
- Positive optimistic approach
- Self-motivated and action-orientated
- Able to overcome obstacles to complete tasks
- Takes personal responsibility for actions
- Analytical, communication, and organizational skills are required
- Have a clear understanding of architectural drawings and specifications
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite and computer skills
- Use a personal vehicle to drive to offsite meetings is required for this position
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate passion, trust, competence, and efficiency into everything that we do. We stand by our cultural values as they drive how we treat each other, how we treat our customers and how we make business decisions. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, on-site fitness center, education reimbursement program, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume through Indeed or visit our careers page at www.rgo.ca no later than February 28, 2020.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will only contact qualified candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flooring: 3 years (Preferred)
- Architectural, Design & Specification: 5 years (Required)