Coldbox Builders Inc. is a national Canadian ICI Design Build General Contractor focused on Food Processing and Cold Storage facilities.
We are seeking an intermediate ICI Construction Site Superintendent to join our growing Construction team. Successful candidates will have proven track record of Site Supervising construction projects that of varying complexity and size. You will rely on your strong leadership skills as you safely lead the sub-contractors assigned to your projects. You will manage the systems and tools used to monitor and control construction production. To be successful in this role you must be client centric and understand the nuance of properly managing the expectations of end user clients. You will be expected to maintain a safe working environment upholding all of the Ministry of Labour requirements. A strong collaborative approach to delivering projects that are designed by our in-house design team is paramount in the successful execution of this role.
- A min of 3 years of experience in the role of Construction Site Superintendent within a General Contracting firm.
- Proficient knowledge in Site Development, Building Envelope and M&E Systems for ICI facilities.
- Have completed projects ranging in cost from $250,000 to $1.5 million.
- A range of experience in Site Development, Greenfields, Additions & Building Alterations is an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of construction project management software (CMiC or similar).
- Confident and personable with clients and vendors
- Able to maintain a safe working environment meeting all MOL standards.
- Able to effectively lead Sub-Contractors to delivery, based on the project schedule.
- Able to instigate action from Sub-Trades and Vendors/Suppliers.
- Able to review executed work to verify quality against design parameters.
- Able to organise various trade contractors to work collaboratively on site to maximise efficiency, safety and quality.
- Effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Successful at maintaining and growing client and vendor relationships.
- Willing to travel across Canada, as the demand arises, for extended periods of time with a return schedule that is based on the demands of the project schedule.
- Organise trade contractors to work efficiently on site and meet schedule.
- Liaise with client site representatives to ensure they are kept up to date with the project requirements.
- Create and drive look-ahead schedules to organize and schedule sub-contractors to deliver based on the project milestones set in the schedule.
- Maintain a safe working environment to MOL standards.
- Verify all sub-contractors on site have their project documentation in order and are working on the latest set of drawings and specifications.
- Ensure the quality of products, materials and workmanship delivered to site are to the standards specified in the construction documents.
- Manage, maintain and complete all punch list items throughout the course of construction with each individual sub-contractor.
- Provide daily updates to the project team including daily progress photos
- Support the project team in receiving project close-out documentation from sub-contractors.
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Post-Construction client support for warranty calls.
- Work with the Project Manager and Project Coordinator to confirm sub-contractor documentation and billing is in line with what has been delivered to site.
- Ensuring construction billing documentation is delivered to the Finance Department accurately and on time.
- Proactively prevent disputes from arising.
- Tour client and answer questions from them when they visit the site.
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management is an asset.
- Gold Seal Certification is an asset .
- Salary commensurate with experience level
- Extensive benefits package
- Quarterly performance review
- Annual salary review
- Performance-based bonus plan
Coldbox Builders Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Site Superintendent: 3 years (Preferred)