Located in Toronto’s East York neighbourhood, Brunswick Bierworks is a collective of brewery partners from around the world who focus on collaboration and innovation.
Our brewing capacity is 100% dedicated to our local and global brewery partners. We produce high-quality, small to medium batch beers, seasonals and collaboration brews for North American markets. Our partners include local craft brewers, top-tier international craft brewers and historic European brewers.
Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the Brewery Maintenance Technician position is to achieve short and long term maintenance objectives and overall equipment reliability and safety. This role will be responsible for overall operation and preventative maintenance of equipment and the facility.
- Accountable for delivering Maintenance Key Performance Indicator results
- Accountable for plant reliability in support of brewing and packaging line efficiencies
- Ensure all maintenance routines are developed and remain updated
- Responsible for utilities and wastewater operations at the brewery (water/water treatment, steam, etc.)
- Liaise with third-party contractors to initiate equipment and facility repairs
- Work collaboratively with other departments to coordinate work and sharing of resources
- Establish/follow preventative maintenance schedule for all existing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and fix equipment, to minimize downtime and maintain safety.
- Update maintenance procedures for all equipment.
- Identify improvement opportunities to increase equipment capability.
- Maintain spare parts inventory, placing orders in a timely manner, as necessary
- Coordinate with managers on maintenance and safety concerns, providing timely follow-up of maintenance activities.
- Work with outside vendors to establish maintenance and installation procedures for all equipment.
- Quickly diagnose source of failures and make emergency repairs to all equipment.
- Assist brewery operations in commissioning and decommissioning all equipment, and making running adjustments to ensure maximum safety and efficiency
- Safely use a wide variety of power and hand tools
Our Ideal Candidate
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma/Certificate
- Knowledge of maintenance best practices, process cost management, policies and procedures
- Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance position, preferably in the brewing or beverage industry.
- A basic understanding of mechanical instruments and equipment, construction and building materials, electrical supply systems, process control systems, refrigeration, air conditioning (HVAC) and water treatment
- Good knowledge of computer information systems for administration and process control systems and instrumentation for production and process equipment
- Computer proficiency with MS Office and basic data entry
- The ability to read and interpret, manuals, blueprints and schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues with equipment
- The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving and project management skills
- Certification on forklift and aerial equipment an asset
Brunswick Bierworks thrives on passion; for both our craftsmanship and for the success of the organization. We are searching for people bursting with enthusiasm for this great industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Required)