Responsibilities & Duties:
· Move equipment and machinery as needed throughout your shift either manually or with the proper and safe use of equipment
· Use a variety of hand tools, measuring tools, and equipment for cutting, welding and brazing to adequately fulfill your daily job duties
· Utilize cranes, hoisting mechanisms, and trucks to complete large-scale projects
· Clean up at the end of shift to make sure your job site remains well-organized and free of unnecessary clutter
· Take steps to ensure every job is done in a manner that is safe and completed according to the latest workplace safety regulations, laws, and requirements
· Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
· Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
· Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
· Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts
· Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machinery
· Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications, and installations
· Sharpening and maintaining machine tools
· Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines
· Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
· Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
· Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliance
· Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area
· Performing other related duties as assigned
· Completion of an accredited program
· Physically able to complete job responsibilities
· Working at heights, ability to operate AWP and Telehandler
· Completion of a two-year associate degree program in industrial maintenance
· Background, knowledge in industry computer training
· Current knowledge of the latest OSHA and industry safety measures, precautions, and equipment
· Must have a very strong hydraulics and electrical background
· WHIMIS 2015 Certificate, Fall Arrest, NL, Hot Work, Slinging and Rigging
· First Aid/CPR Certificate
· Underground experience would be an asset
Other Site Requirements & General Working Conditions:
· Ability to work Night and Day Shift is a requirement
· Must be able to work in high traffic areas in close proximity
· Pre-employment medicals and drug screening is a site requirement prior to gaining site access.
· Applicant must complete a Criminal Records Check
· Must be able to work on a 14/14 rotation basis (subject to change). Camp accommodations provided.
· Must be a team player with a great attitude.
This position is based at the Voisey’s Bay Project in Labrador and successful applicants will work on a two week on and two weeks off rotation schedule.
Aboriginal candidates can also apply through Vale’s Aboriginal Employment Coordinators
Job Types: Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
Salary: $89,200.00 to $94,000.00 /year